DFTC announces list of industry heavyweights to host sessions at VIDXB 2017
November 15, 2017
Today, the Dubai Film and TV Commission (DFTC) announced the first confirmed speakers of an extensive list of industry experts who will take the stage for VIDXB’s Industry Program. VIDXB is the region’s first annual gathering celebrating the world of online video and content creators, taking place 8-9 December at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
The launch of VIDXB is an important milestone in DFTC’s vision to establish Dubai as an international hub for digital media and content creation. During the two-day event, established and aspiring online storytellers and the industry will have the chance to gain unique insights from a wealth of key digital media executives to support the development of local talent and creative content in the Emirate.
Among the first confirmed to host sessions at VIDXB include executives from global media powerhouses Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Vice and Buzzfeed. Speakers will share insights and experiences with all who are grappling with the disruptive yet opportunity-rich forces of online video. The hottest and most relevant topics for companies and brands will be covered, including:
• Monetization: learn from experts how to navigate through the rapidly evolving world of online video monetization, as well as maximizing additional revenue opportunities for your company
• Analytics: understand and apply the data behind creators’ posts, including engagement, demographics and insights, to determine your future strategy
• Platform optimization: discover what content is favorable by your target audience and learn how to best use each platform
• Social impact: how to collaborate with creators to drive social awareness and change through powerful content, resulting in building strategic partnerships
• Technology: learn how to utilise innovations on platforms and products that can empower you to tell stories in new and compelling ways, resulting in lasting success for your company
• Network: receive useful tips from digital media executives flying in from LA, New York, London, MENA region and network with the region’s top content creators
Additionally, workshops and panel sessions focusing on the creator community will include:
• Genre-specific content sessions for vloggers, including: travel, food, beauty, gaming, challenge videos, and more
• Creator Fireside Chats: one-on-one conversations with creators to discuss their life and work in detail
• The future of content and what’s coming up next: new ways to consume, new formats, and evolving digital trends
• Platform-specific sessions: brand’s detailing features on their platforms, presentations on launching a new product, or highlighting a specific creator
Also on site to discuss hot topics will be US online video streaming service, go90 who will join the industry line-up alongside regional partnership investors Wamda and Multi-Channel Network (MCN) Alfan.
Speaking on the upcoming programme, Omar Butti, Executive Director of Innovation Program at DFTC said: “We’re really excited to have such a high calibre of industry representatives joining us at VIDXB. Our speakers hail from some of the most innovative and successful digital media companies in the world, and their experience is second to none. VIDXB was created to act as a catalyst for knowledge-sharing to support the development of Dubai’s creative industry, and we couldn’t achieve that without the backing of such heavyweight partners.”
The two-day VIDXB event is the first of its kind in the region, and will bring together fans, creators and industry experts. A star-studded line-up of some of the world’s most prolific online content creators, including visionary YouTube star Casey Neistat and gaming and musical sensation KSI, are already confirmed to attend. Tickets are on sale now starting from just AED 65. To find out more visit: www.vidxb.ae